Tips To Support Your Partner During The Covid-19 Lockdown – Covid-19 Lockdown Survival Tips
This Article is a continuation of the former article which you can find by clicking Here, written to give couples some help as they go through the lockdown together. Please, read and apply the ones which you find helpful. You can also share with your friends and family members. We are all in this together.
The tips to support your partner during the Covid-19 lockdown are:
1. Try to avoid a troublesome partner by spending time in a new space. Some partners are troublesome. There are some couples who are irritated at the sight of their loved ones. These couples constantly fight their partners on a normal day talkless of the lockdown. If you are in such a relationship, I know it won’t be easy being together with someone who seeks for trouble even when there’s none. I propose to try a new space to isolate yourself if possible rather than engaging in a fight with your spouse.
Since you can’t go out because of the lockdown, maybe refresh yourself by taking a walk around the compound alone or maybe the cellar can be a place to spend some time or your personal room (if you have one), or another room to escape the presence of your partner. Maybe focus on the children more to spend and pass time with them, or spend time with the neighbors if they are good to you. Try as much to look for an alternative place to spend time than to stay and fight with your troublesome partner.
2. Focus on short term goals. For couples who spend time together, focusing on short term goals is a good thing to do this moment because the crisis is also unpredictable and entails so many changes. The advantages of this are that you can start and finish a project within a specified period of time during the crisis. And you can easily change, adapt or stop the goal or project entirely if the crisis comes to an end anytime before the end of project goals. This would give you less headache because it was a short term one anyway.
3. Work from home if possible. When you don’t go to work physically, hopes aren’t lost. The Covid-19 crisis has accentuated the possibility of working from home as not just an option but a necessity to keep the economy going. Some companies require their employees to work from home. If you can do so, please do.
4. Buy just enough of the items you need for now. Buy the needs and not just the wants necessarily. Couples Should think about other couples too. Do not hoard food at the grocery shops. Don’t stock food for months while some would have nothing to buy. Do not let fear control what you buy. As doing so can leave nothing for the other couples who are going through the same situation. Think of others too. We’re all in this together.
5. Be creative together at home. Don’t waste your time just sleeping. It’s very possible to waste one’s time doing nothing during this lockdown. Be creative as a couple. Look for creative ways to stay busy together at home. Whatever you do together increases your dating time which is good for the relationship.
6. Do not find fault with your partner. It’s possible that some partners never stayed at home together for a long time. The temptation that comes because some partners are at home together could be many. Resist any temptation that will hurt your relationship. The stay-at-home is not time for arguments, quarrels, violence etc. Respect each other while you all are at home.
7. Date your partner even at home. Home is a dating ground. Really spend time together to bond well rather than to be busy on what is not helpful in the relationship. Express yourselves sexually but not too much. Cuddle more often. Talk about life together after covid-19 is over. Reassure yourselves that you love each other and care for each other. Really spend time at home with your spouse alone without the children or others around. It may not be by watching television since this can congregate the family. If that is the case, leave the television for others and you two get busy talking about you. Don’t forget that I said “talking” and nothing more.
8. It’s alright to mourn. It may be possible for some couples to be mourning a loved one they lost to covid-19. If you’re in such a situation, help your partner express emotions but also help them take time to heal. You are not alone. Many people are going through the same pain. So see the brighter side of life.
9. Do not get too lost with the negative news around us. I know the news is depressing for all of us. We find it hard to accept what we are hearing and seeing on Television, but it’s the truth. It’s our reality. We must accept it but look forward to a brighter future. There’s a brighter future, you know.
10. Make use of old items at home rather than buy new ones. For some couples, there could be some items on the shelves that they either don’t need them anymore or might have forgotten to make use of for a while. With this covid-19 saga, some items at home can really save us money. Reuse or make use of what we already have rather than to buy a new one or something similar.
11. Save more money for the future if possible. The future is bright. The future is sure. And the future is now. These are the words of the man of God Rev. P. C. Akubueze which regularly echoed to our ears to boost morale when needed. Yes, the future is certainly coming so save, save, and save for the future. Don’t spend all you have now on frivolity, vacuity and trivial matters. It’s also tempting to eat too much but save too. It’s tempting to drink too much but save too. It’s tempting to shop online anyhow, but remember to save. What’s more important is the future free of covid-19 disease. How about that?
12. Empty your food shelf before restocking. Some couples have the habit to keep piling up foodstuff and never eating up everything. Some stuff gets expired without being consumed. So during the covid-19 stay-at-home, eat the foodstuff that already has been at home for a long while, and avoid stocking food without actually consuming them. Try to eat all you have at least before you restock. I know this might not please some family members but they have to support the times too by eating what is provided and available than what is desired.
13. Couples Should Eat less. This cannot be overstated. Staying at home makes you a friend of food. You and your partner can avoid the temptation to eat too much during this covid-19 period. It will help you health-wise. Eat great but eat healthily.
14. Avoid criticizing God for what happened. God is not responsible for the covid-19 crisis, so don’t blame God, it only affects your faith in Him. Also don’t criticize God’s servants for the crisis. The servants of God are suffering as any other person. They have lost loved ones too to covid-19. We are all in this together. Respect the servants of God that serve you in the Lord. Hold them highly in your hearts, 1 Thessalonians 5:13. This shall still come to pass.